Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"U pregnant kan?"

I don't know why but this incident keeps repeating itself in my head..
One fine morning, i arrived quite late. Hubster was sick, on MC. In the lift there were about 6 ppl including me, who was standing next to 2 ladies. One of them was carrying something like a 'jute' bag, looked heavy.

Lady 1: Eh...kenapa u still bawak benda2 berat ni...
Baglady: Hmm takdela berat sangat, boleh je...
(a moment of silence)
Lady 1: Dah berapa bulan?
Baglady: Ha? *muka confused
Lady 1: U la, dah berapa bulan?U pregnant kan?
Baglady: Mana ada..
Lady 1: Eh bukan (some lady name) cakap u pregnant ke? Sorry...sorry eh..dia cakap u pregnant *sambil pandang another lady kat belakang, maybe another friend (asking for support?)

By then the lift door opened as we arrived G. It was quite a scene just now so I kept my pace behind them (hehe), despite I felt really bad for the Baglady. It is one of my fear, to get such remarks like that you see. So I really, really feel for her, despite half-lega because it didn't happen to me (or at least, not yet. selalunya subtle je remarks - tegur berisi dengan nada (dan mata) yang curious).
Oh, and Lady1 continued apologizing but I didn't really hear the responses from the Baglady.

The Baglady wasn't even fat, ok, but I have to agree that the bump was quite visible-only by taking a close look. I mean- it could be me! Or any one of my frens hehe. Come on, what if the Baglady was trying to conceive? How would she feel? * eh tetibe emo. hehe terasa la tu hehe.

Memangla an English saying reminded us not to ask any lady if she is pregnant until you actually see the baby coming out and waving at you, but in this case, I don't blame Lady 1 either as she was told that Baglady is pregnant. But such incident was quite humiliating to Baglady especially when it's done in public.

So, from then on, I made a mental note to never, never, never make any remarks abt anyone's pregnancy or baby or kahwin unless they brought it up. I hope you do the same too.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

:: LadyVerde + Mr.Doc :: said...

owh i learn my lesson way back in 2003!!!
i was in man kajang boutique dealing for my engagement stuff...then came my primary school fren with her sister n mum yg dah lame giler tak jumpe...i mati2 ingat my fren yg nk kawen...so i tegur la sister my fren tue (while my fren bz talking with man), i tanye die "dah brape bulan?"...ended up die kasi i one stern look, bengis look kinda ckap "im here to plan for my wedg!"...trus rase bersalah sangat2 ok!!!
;p

n from then on mmg i seal my lips should i see any fren of mine yg put on more weight be it due to pregnancy or not ;p

huhuhuhuhu...horror babe rase bersalah dieeeeeeee!

Mimi said...

LOL! Aku penah kene babe, mmg benci gile. Especially bila pakai blouse empire cut kan, org terus assume preggie even though tak nampak belly pun (err ye ke tak nampak? ok ok aku sedar diri, haha :D)

lesson learnt tak payah la tanya, even question like bila-bila-bila pun sensitif, hehe. Bila nak kawen, bila nak dapat baby, bila nak tambah baby, arghhhh.. Hahaha :D

::nyetto:: said...

Verdie: waaaaaarrrrrghhhhhhhh..tq for sharing perspective dari org yang menegur..can't imagine kehorroran ko babe, sbb reading it aku dah rasa horror, apa lagi ko di depan kakak itu..kekeke(Macam Lady1 yg x abis2 mintak maaf kat Baglady tu, rasa bersalah gile kot!)

Buyerra: Ha ah babe, empire cut mmg suka menimbulkan conspiracy!! Bencis. Baju2 empire cut yang aku beli sume aku simpan lepas try pakai, akan dipakai when the time comes..haha (vain tak vain). Tapi empire cutla selesa (especially bila nak HIDE sesuatu di depan ni hahahahaha)

Diana Ishak said...

sgt stress bila kita tak pregnant tp org ingat kita pregnant...like, macam lah aku ni buncit sgtttttt

Post a Comment

::check this out::

::now can i hear u shout!::


ShoutMix chat widget

::circle of links::

Web Pages referring to this page
Link to this page and get a link back!

::past::